grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc real time provisioning

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc real time provisioning

  • From: Raymond Drew Walker <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>, LLG5 <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc real time provisioning
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 22:25:02 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I'd like to chime in on this as well, showing interest in real-time
provisioning, and answering the questions from our Grouper experience in
reverse-order...

- Existing: We currently provision independently using Grouper 1.4.2 to
both SunOne LDAP & Microsoft Active Directory
- Current groups: ~100 expected to grow tenfold (memberships to the order
of 10) over the next year with the implementation of CMS & other resources.
- Not sure what is meant by one target, but we provision from one instance
of grouper to 2 endpoints (LDAP & AD)
- Intentions: To provision Grouper information to SunOne LDAP & Microsoft
AD in the known future

Interest in realtime provisioning stems from the fact that we run a
retro-changelog on our SunOne LDAP (reads all incoming LDAP changes and
makes appropriate subsequent changes in LDAP) The initialization of
Grouper provisioning causes a LOT of traffic on our retro-changelog,
potentially slowing other LDAP feeds, processes, etc.

As an aside, though I think this has been taken care of since v1.4.2...
For Active Directory provisioning=, we have users in multiple AD DOMAINS,
and need to provision group memberships for users (potentially) in both
DOMAINS. Currently we run a second provisioner with modified code to
handle this.

--
Raymond Walker
Software Systems Engineer Sr.