grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] permissions allow/deny

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] permissions allow/deny

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] permissions allow/deny
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 14:29:59 -0500

This seems similar to long-standing approaches to resolve conflicting
ACL permits and denies (for firewall & router rules, LDAP ACLs,
permissions in various file systems, globus, etc). These usually have a
declaration of "first Permit permits" or "first Deny denies",
simplifying the matter at the expense of ability to express very nuanced
conditions. Is there a simple approach here, even if it should preclude
some expressiveness?

Tom