grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] RE: Recommendation for EsbConsumer

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] RE: Recommendation for EsbConsumer

  • From: Nathan Kopp <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>, "" <>
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] RE: Recommendation for EsbConsumer
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 14:06:06 -0400

> Note you can convert back to JSON to the beans if you like J.  Also note that you

> would get multiple EsbEvents, not just one.  That said, I do think your idea is good,

> Rob owns this code, Rob, what do you think?

True.  I assume by the smiley that you realize the inefficiency of the reverse conversion.  Also note that the EsbConsumer itself wouldn’t work well with multiple EsbEvents, since it needs to return the exact ID of the failed event during a failure scenario.  If it sends multiple events into the underlying publisher and then gets an exception, it wouldn’t know which event of that batch failed.  (I’m assuming that’s the reason why it always only sends a single event to the publisher in the current code.)

-Nathan