grouper-dev - [grouper-dev] gsh scripting operations - questions about API

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

[grouper-dev] gsh scripting operations - questions about API

  • From: Julien Gribonvald <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [grouper-dev] gsh scripting operations - questions about API
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:48:35 +0200

Hi all,

I'm looking for scripting some checking and administration operations with GSH, I have already done some script wich are checking and updating our tree of groups structure.
But I have a little problem with the API, found here : http://www.internet2.edu/grouper/release/1.5.0/doc/api/index.html (we are using grouper 1.5.2, with 1.5.3 updates), I can't find an easy way to know, on a given group, if a subject has immediate privileges or herited from a group. For exemple, currently, on a Group g I do like that to get users with privilegies :

g.getReaders(); g.getViewers();g.getUpdaters();g.getAdmin();

These methods are good to obtain Subjects, but we don't know if they have immediate privileges or not. My wisch would be to get only immediate subjects which have a Privilege P on a Group G.

So is there someone who could give me some informations, like the good class to watch and/or where I will find my solution ? Or any idea on how to do that ?

Thanks for your help.

Julien Gribonvald
GIP RECIA