grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] hasMember and subjectNotFound

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] hasMember and subjectNotFound

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] hasMember and subjectNotFound
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:41:44 -0400

Well, in the API you ask if a Subject is in a Group. If you don't have a
Subject, you cant see if it is in a Group. With the web service, you ask if
subjectId ABC is in group BCD. If the subject doesn't exist, the service
returns a failure code, with SUBJECT_NOT_FOUND. I think it should return a
success code of false (not in group), and SUBJECT_NOT_FOUND. i.e. I don't
think it should have to be a recoverable exception, I think it should be a
normal response. Thoughts?