grouper-dev - When to use GrouperSession.staticGrouperSession() ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

When to use GrouperSession.staticGrouperSession() ?

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: When to use GrouperSession.staticGrouperSession() ?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 16:41:35 -0500

Chris,

Should the grouper DataConnectors for shibboleth use
GrouperSession.staticGrouperSession() ? (No)

Instead, they should call GrouperSession.start(Subject) and then store
the GrouperSession as a class variable ? (Yes)

It's OK for the stored GrouperSession class variable to be long-lived ? (Yes)

Or should I start a new session every time I query Grouper for data ? (No)

I started using GrouperSession.staticGrouperSession(), but then
realized that this would use any grouper session stored in the jvm,
which wasn't what I wanted, since the subjectId used to start the
session needs to be configurable.

Thanks!
TomZ