grouper-dev - Re: Source.getAllIdentifiers() ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: Source.getAllIdentifiers() ?

  • From: Tom Zeller <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: Source.getAllIdentifiers() ?
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 21:55:04 -0500

> Ok, I see what you mean, not the same as what I thought.
>
> Do you mean subjectId or subjectIdentifier?

Hadn't thought of that, I'll guess both. The end result is I would
like access to all subjects.

> Maybe we should just query the member table so we can get the list of
> subjectIds used in Grouper and not all subjectIds?  Plus, then we don't
> have to change the source implementations... just a thought.

Right, but I'm interested in everything, for provisioning.

> e.g. at Penn, we have 540k subjects, but only 150k are used in grouper.
> Btw, we don't delete from grouper_members I believe.
>
> If we go down the road where we add this method to the source
> implementations, then we should note that in the upgrade steps so people
> with custom source implementation know to add that method in their upgrade.
>  I can do this easily in JDBC, if you can do it in ldap, then we are all
> set.  :)

Maybe we could add an ExtendedSource or somesuch subclass which
includes these methods so that custom implementations would have
greater immunity to Subject API changes.