grouper-dev - RE: Source.getAllIdentifiers() ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: Source.getAllIdentifiers() ?

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: Source.getAllIdentifiers() ?
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:08:51 -0400

Ok, I see what you mean, not the same as what I thought.

Do you mean subjectId or subjectIdentifier?

Maybe we should just query the member table so we can get the list of
subjectIds used in Grouper and not all subjectIds? Plus, then we don't have
to change the source implementations... just a thought.

e.g. at Penn, we have 540k subjects, but only 150k are used in grouper. Btw,
we don't delete from grouper_members I believe.

If we go down the road where we add this method to the source
implementations, then we should note that in the upgrade steps so people with
custom source implementation know to add that method in their upgrade. I can
do this easily in JDBC, if you can do it in ldap, then we are all set. :)

On Behalf Of Tom Zeller