grouper-dev - Kuali rice identity service implementation

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Kuali rice identity service implementation

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Kuali rice identity service implementation
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 01:41:46 -0500

This is done as part of the Kuali Rice / Grouper integration project.  I can login to Rice, route a document, see emails, etc.  When I login to Kuali, or route a document to someone, it uses Grouper subjects from the subject API via web service calls.  Before I had implemented the Groups service, now this is the identity service.

Basically what this is, is a shortcut for people who use Grouper to use workflow in Kuali rice.  No one implementing Kuali Financials or Kuali Student or anything much more substantial than edoclite (electronic web workflow forms) would want this.  Grouper manages subjects very simply (id, identifier (i.e. principalName), name, description, attributes).  Those subjects are configured in Grouper to pull from a DB or LDAP.  If that is working, then this plugin will hit Grouper from Rice via web service, and lookup the subjects, and fill out the KIM IdentityService objects.  This is 2 jars (the grouper-kim plugin, and grouper client), and a config file.

Here is the configuration (the groups and common is at top, and identity specific at the bottom:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+integration+with+Kuali+Rice

Here are the differences between Rice entities and Grouper subjects, and open questions I have about all this:

https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/GrouperWG/Differences+between+Kuali+Kim+Rice+identities+and+Grouper+subjects

Browse source:

http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/i2mi/trunk/grouper-misc/grouperKimConnector/src/edu/internet2/middleware/grouperKimConnector/identity/

or checkout:

http://anonsvn.internet2.edu/svn/i2mi/trunk/grouper-misc/grouperKimConnector

Regards!

Chris

Ps. The current plan is for Penn to use this in its workflow deployment.  Btw, there are some LDAP plugin contributions to Rice so if you want to try those, they are available…

  • Kuali rice identity service implementation, Chris Hyzer, 03/05/2010