grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 3-Feb-2010

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 3-Feb-2010

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 3-Feb-2010
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 16:43:10 -0600

Tom Zeller wrote:
Before I attempt "technical architecture", I'll ask for advice on what
that means. Any specific questions I can start from ?

Assume the reader knows nothing about how SPML works or how shib's attribute resolver and data connectors work. Maybe they have a glimmer of grouper's parts. That reader wants to see how a sequence of processes or interactions between parts results in some change in grouper being pushed out to a target. Something like what I call a "football play" diagram - it shows the main moving parts and how they interact to accomplish something.

Here's an example of something like that:
https://webshare.uchicago.edu/users/tbarton/Public/gridshib-03.jpg

Does this help?