grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 3-Feb-2010

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 3-Feb-2010

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 3-Feb-2010
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 16:00:55 -0500

I think we can shoot for a rule in 2.0.

e.g. if someone is removed from groupA, then set a delete date on membership
in groupB (if there is no membership, maybe add one). E.g. someone is not in
a course anymore, we want access to the wiki to last 2 more weeks. I assume
this will be more complicated than an attribute and a hook...

Also, for ESB support, Im getting no bites on XMPP from the grouper-users
list. However, I was thinking of doing a sample XMPP connection from grouper
notifications for 1.6. If you configure that to point to your ESB (if your
ESB supports XMPP), then it will work.

One issue is talking to an ESB, and another issue is the message format. Are
we assuming the consumer at the other end of the ESB is a custom application
and can consume arbitrary message formats. E.g. a String body with XML:

<grouperEvent>
<memberAdd>
<groupName>a:b:c</groupName>
<subjectSource>something</subjectSource>
<subjectId>12345</subjectId>
</memberAdd>
</grouperEvent>

Anyways, I plan to do a simple XMPP example for 1.6... if people want to
point that to ESB or JMS server or Jabber, they can.

Regards,