grouper-dev - ui widgets

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

ui widgets

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: ui widgets
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:51:32 -0500

Hey,

I think the easiest and most browser friendly way to have a UI widget is to
have a popup browser window which acts "modal", but in browsers you cant
really do that in a cross browser way. Just assume the user will click a
button, the window will disappear, and put the selected group in the parent
window, and all good. The problem is sometimes the user doesn't interact
with the modal, and goes to another window, then does more stuff, then sees
the modal and interacts, and the parent window is different.

I saw this article about iframe and dhtml modal windows, and tried the
examples and they work well:

http://clarkupdike.blogspot.com/2009/03/basic-example-of-jquerys-uidialog.html

Either way people want to present it (new window or some sort of dhtml
window), I think we can make some good grouper widgets pretty easily. I also
think each app that wants to interact with grouper needs to register with the
grouper UI, and a config file could hold some skin settings, config settings,
etc...

Fyi
Chris

  • ui widgets, Chris Hyzer, 11/13/2009