grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 2-Sep-09

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 2-Sep-09

  • From: Shilen Patel <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Action Items: Grouper Call 2-Sep-09
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 13:02:15 -0400

So for the membership upgrade process, I was thinking about doing the following:

1.  Use the normal DdlUtils upgrade process to update the DDL for grouper_memberships, create grouper_group_set, and create the joined view grouper_memberships_all_v.

2.  Also use the normal DdlUtils upgrade process to delete the effective memberships from grouper_memberships.

3.  Allow users to run a script after the DdlUtils upgrade to populate the GroupSets.  Perhaps something like this...

$ ./bin/gsh.sh -main edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.misc.AddMissingGroupSets

Let me know if you have any thoughts or concerns.

Thanks!

-- Shilen