grouper-dev - upgrading ui jsp version

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

upgrading ui jsp version

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: upgrading ui jsp version
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 11:11:21 -0400

Hey,

I tweaks the UI to upgrade the servlet version from 2.3 to 2.4. This allows
us to use EL and be more up to date (and work with the new Ajax UI).

I worked out the issues and now I can click around and it seems to work.

As Gary was afraid of, the web.xml merging doesn't work anymore, so right now
it is like the WS where we have an example web.xml, and you can customize it
if you like. I think we can either fix this in the XSLT, or we can do this
another way (find a library or write some code to merge XML files), or we can
not use this.

If there is a screen is cannot compile due to the new version, generally the
fix is to make sure this is set in the tld (generally you can just search and
replace all false's to true):

<rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>

Then you can replace, FROM:

value="${auditEntry.lastUpdated}"

TO:

value="\\${auditEntry.lastUpdated}"

Should I commit my work so we can move forward (and I don't have to do this
again? :) )