grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] sources.xml Connection Pool Ldap?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] sources.xml Connection Pool Ldap?

  • From: Colin Hudler <>
  • To: Jim Fox <>
  • Cc: Tom Zeller <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] sources.xml Connection Pool Ldap?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:41:25 -0500

Please do, Jim. Thank you.

On 06/18/2009 11:13 AM, Jim Fox wrote:

We implemented a source adapter at UW that uses the vt ldap library and
supports connection pooling. I can send you a copy if you'd like to try
it out.

Jim

Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 07:05:44 -0700
From: Tom Zeller
<>
To: Colin Hudler
<>
Cc:
""

<>

Well, no, the JNDISourceAdapter isn't conducive to pooling.

We indeed are creating and closing the ldap context before and after
each search, so adding the connection pooling environment property
won't help
much.
We might want
to provide an LdapSourceAdapter which uses vt-ldap so we can have connection
pooling etc. even with TLS.

I'm not sure what priority this is.

TomZ

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Colin Hudler
Hi,

I observed one of our test instances of grouper starting a new ldap
session each time a person subject was to be resolved (the other
test instances use mysql or mssql for the subject source). Is there a
way to request connection pooling? I could not find this
answer in the archives or wiki, but there is an "issue" in jira at
<https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/MCO-9>. I am unable to
extract the answer from that, however.

the sources.xml is using
edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.subj.GrouperJndiSourceAdapter and
<param-name>INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY</param-name>
<param-value>com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory</param-value>