grouper-dev - RE: add ability to manage privileges of loader managed group_list groups

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: add ability to manage privileges of loader managed group_list groups

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: add ability to manage privileges of loader managed group_list groups
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 15:39:15 -0400

This is more complicated than I originally thought...

If the group is include/exclude or requireGroups or both, then there are 2-5+
groups to manage privileges of, not just 1.

So I added in functionality such that if the group is an include/exclude
and/or requireGroups then all the groups will get the specified permissions.
This is sort of a simplification... in the real world you might want only
certain groups to get the privilege (e.g. you would want the include and
exclude list to get the update privilege from the subject, not the system of
record)... but maybe we can get more complicated later...

I think most of the time you will be granting read/view, where if you can see
all, that is ok. You might grant admin or update to people who know what
they are doing... not sure when you would grant optin/optout, but it is
there for when we need it.