grouper-dev - subject search should sort subjectId or attribute matches to the top in unsorted list

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

subject search should sort subjectId or attribute matches to the top in unsorted list

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: subject search should sort subjectId or attribute matches to the top in unsorted list
  • Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 13:00:05 -0400

This is fixed:

This is done in the SourcesXmlResolver class, in grouper. So if the UI
returns a long list of unsorted subjects, then the ones that match subjectId
or any attribute will be on top. A use case is I know the loginId of a user
is "smith", I search for "smith", and I get a long list of unsorted subjects.
Now the user with the loginId of "smith" will be at the top.

Note, since I enumerate attribute values, Im not sure all source
implementations will be efficient here, so you can turn this off if there are
problems (in grouper.properties):

grouper.sort.subjectSets.exactOnTop = false

We discussed this at the member meeting, but Im not sure we discussed this on
the list much, so if you have comments, please share them now :)

Regards,
Chris

  • subject search should sort subjectId or attribute matches to the top in unsorted list, Chris Hyzer, 05/18/2009