grouper-dev - WS kerberos authentication memory issue

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

WS kerberos authentication memory issue

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: WS kerberos authentication memory issue
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 02:35:36 -0400

There is a memory leak that I was able to profile and see it is in the java
jdk using kerberos and java v6.0.6 (and before). If you upgrade to the latest
JDK, it will be fixed.

Note: this is only if you are using this WS authentication plugin (or your
own Kerberos call from java):

edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ws.security.WsGrouperKerberosAuthentication

Also, I added in authentication caching of the SHA hash of the authentication
header for WS kerberos authentication. This will only hit kerberos every 30
minutes per user. You can configure with ehcache.

Regards,
Chris

  • WS kerberos authentication memory issue, Chris Hyzer, 03/27/2009