grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] dbVersionDifferentFields and getAttributeOrNull interraction

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] dbVersionDifferentFields and getAttributeOrNull interraction

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: "" <>, Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] dbVersionDifferentFields and getAttributeOrNull interraction
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 11:38:53 -0600

Chris Hyzer wrote:
that will be the 1.5 way when they aren’t attributes anymore

Just to clarify: we're not removing support for attributes of groups, but we will be substantially improving how attributes work in grouper, including support for a wider variety (and potentially extensible set) of attribute types and associating attributes with objects other than groups.

So I bet Chris meant "since in 1.5 there will be a new way to deal with new-style attributes, that old-fashioned approach will change". Right Chris? :-)