grouper-dev - release steps

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

release steps

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: release steps
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:05:10 -0500

Hey,

I put up a wiki on steps (internal team) to do for a release, so we can ensure consistency.  I hope to add the build commands, and other packaging that Tom does, and maybe a testing checklist.  Feel free to edit this.

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Release+steps

One thing that we just tweaked is that since a lot of grouper stuff is on the same versioning number system, we will tag and branch all with the same tags as branches.

i.e. in 1.3, the WS release was GROUPER_WS_1_3_0, but now since all systems (API, UI, WS, client, QS) are all using the same tag, it is GROUPER_1_4_1…

Likewise, everything now except UI is on the GROUPER_BRANCH_1_4.  UI is GROUPER_UI_BRANCH_1_4.  In 1.5 I will sync those up too so that all things grouper (API, UI, WS, client, QS) are all on GROUPER_BRANCH_1_5.

Let me know any concerns.

  • release steps, Chris Hyzer, 01/26/2009