grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-users] Re: [grouper-dev] Namespace Transition

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-users] Re: [grouper-dev] Namespace Transition

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Shilen Patel <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-users] Re: [grouper-dev] Namespace Transition
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 08:58:06 -0600

Shilen Patel wrote:
Should we also keep a history of the display names? Before a group is moved, somebody might have an application that finds the group using the display name rather than the name. The GroupNameFilter for instance allows that. Realistically, I don't know if anybody would do that and if they do, maybe they should just be told to modify the application to search by group name prior to the move.

I think not. It's not indexical.