grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] Namespace Transition

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] Namespace Transition

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>, Shilen Patel <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] Namespace Transition
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 01:45:17 -0500

I made a doc on grouper aliases (i.e. name history):

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+aliases

Also, what does this mean?

> copies are made to flesh out some scheme. For this, the copies have new
> identifiers and would optionally inherit memberships held by template
> elements.

You mean if someone is a member of a group which is copied, then that subject
should be a member of the new copy of the group? Agreed

And/or do you mean that if the group being copied is a member of another
group or list, that the copy of the group should be a member of the group or
list? Unless there is a good reason for this, I'm not sure I agree with
this. Though if optional, then the caller can decide.