grouper-dev - maven plan ?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

maven plan ?

  • From: "Tom Zeller" <>
  • To: "Grouper Dev" <>
  • Subject: maven plan ?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 15:11:46 -0600

We've spent probably too much time discussing and converting build tools, however, now that we no longer have a maven-fan I'm wondering what our strategy is.

For example, I don't really know anything about maven, hence I'd like to work with it enough to know why we would discontinue its use (besides consistency, the whole hobgoblin thing :)

I've just checked out one of the 2 mavenized projects, apacheds-ldappc-schema, and Eclipse is complaining to me about pom.xml, so that's why this is on my mind.

If ldappc undergoes some significant change due to signet's cessation, than perhaps converting back to ant could be coupled at that time.

TomZ