grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] binary build script done

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] binary build script done

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] binary build script done
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 17:13:31 -0400

> Did this, though perhaps we need a better place to keep a common ant &
> java.

Sure, let me know, I just put it there since I had permissions

> Checked it out & ran it
>
> $ cvs -d /home/cvs/i2mi co grouper/misc/buildGrouperBinary.sh
> $ bash grouper/misc/buildGrouperBinary.sh HEAD
>
> Worked fine.

Great, talk to you later. Oh wait, theres more? :)

> Why is it called grouper.binary.1.4.0? Ie, I said HEAD, where'd it get
> 1.4.0?

There is a misc/version.properties that has it in there, and it will be
tagged with the tag... makes sure everything matches up... We also have a
GrouperVersion class too...

> > - I keep the build script in cvs under
> > grouper/misc/buildGrouperBinary.sh... (though if you want to update it
> > you have to manually copy to the server [as me])
>
> Can't we just check it in?

This is the script that checks out stuff from CVS, so it is a chicken egg
problem, this is the bootstrap script. Anyways, it wont change much.

> We should default the log level to WARN so the vanilla binary gsh won't
> yell at users. It's a good idea in any case.

done

> However, running gsh.sh from within the bin/ dir in the expanded binary
> distribution (on a RHEL VM at U Chicago) produces
>
> % ./gsh.sh: line 4: cd: bin: No such file or directory Not a JAR file:
> /opt/grouper/binary/grouper.binary.1.4.0/bin/../dist/lib/grouper.jar

Whoops, fixed that, try it again

> > - script to checkout and build from cvs.internet2?
>
> What would this do that buildGrouperBinary doesn't?

That is that script, just listing things delivered as I worked on them, maybe
some repetition

> Looks like this material should end up on the gsh wiki pages somewhere.
>
> Likewise conf/morphString.properties needs to be explained in the wiki
> somewhere.

Yes, maybe once the rest of my bugs are coded, let me know where you want the
docs, and I can update the wiki...