Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: Tom Barton <>
- To: Chris Hyzer <>
- Cc: Grouper Dev <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] binary build script done
- Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 15:42:41 -0500
Chris Hyzer wrote:
- I added a script to run this from SSH in cvs.internet2.edu so any of us can reliably do the build with the same java version, ant version, etc…
- First you need to set some environment variables, and you should probably add these to your homeDir/.bash_profile
Did this, though perhaps we need a better place to keep a common ant & java.
- run the script, with the tag or branch:
Checked it out & ran it
$ cvs -d /home/cvs/i2mi co grouper/misc/buildGrouperBinary.sh
$ bash grouper/misc/buildGrouperBinary.sh HEAD
result is in /tmp/grouper/build_mchyzer/grouper/dist/binary/
Why is it called grouper.binary.1.4.0? Ie, I said HEAD, where'd it get 1.4.0?
- I keep the build script in cvs under grouper/misc/buildGrouperBinary.sh… (though if you want to update it you have to manually copy to the server [as me])
Can't we just check it in?
- moved jars to the new directory structure... you need to merge your bat and sh files with the new examples since the path to the invoker changed...
To try this out I did
$ cd /tmp/grouper/build_tbarton/grouper/bin
./gsh.sh: cd: bin: No such file or directory
Grouper warning: parent dir of log file doesnt exist: /tmp/grouper/build_tbarton/grouper/bin/logs
Grouper note: auto-created parent dir of log file: /tmp/grouper/build_tbarton/grouper/bin/logs
grouper.properties read from: /tmp/grouper/build_tbarton/grouper/conf/grouper.properties
Grouper current directory is: /tmp/grouper/build_tbarton/grouper/bin
log4j.properties read from: /tmp/grouper/build_tbarton/grouper/conf/log4j.properties
Grouper warning, it is detected that you are logging edu.internet2.middleware.grouper as ERROR and not WARN level. It is recommended to log at at least WARN level in log4j.properties
Grouper is logging to file: /tmp/grouper/build_tbarton/grouper/bin/logs/grouper_error.log, at min level ERROR for package: edu.internet2.middleware.grouper, based on log4j.properties
Type help() for instructions
We should default the log level to WARN so the vanilla binary gsh won't yell at users. It's a good idea in any case.
However, running gsh.sh from within the bin/ dir in the expanded binary distribution (on a RHEL VM at U Chicago) produces
% ./gsh.sh: line 4: cd: bin: No such file or directory
Not a JAR file: /opt/grouper/binary/grouper.binary.1.4.0/bin/../dist/lib/grouper.jar
In fact, grouper.jar is in ../lib/grouper/grouper.jar. The other scripts have a similar problem.
- script to checkout and build from cvs.internet2?
What would this do that buildGrouperBinary doesn't?
- added registryInitializeSchema to gsh:
... big long snip ...
Looks like this material should end up on the gsh wiki pages somewhere.
Likewise conf/morphString.properties needs to be explained in the wiki somewhere.
begin:vcard fn:Tom Barton n:Barton;Tom org:University of Chicago;Networking Services & Information Technologies email;internet: title:Sr. Director for Integration tel;work:+1 773 834 1700 version:2.1 end:vcard
- Re: [grouper-dev] binary build script done, Tom Barton, 10/02/2008
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.