grouper-dev - binaries in future releases?

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

binaries in future releases?

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: binaries in future releases?
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 07:52:16 -0500

In keeping with reducing, if just a little, the number of steps it takes to get grouper up and running, I think it would be good to include binaries of grouper-api (inclusive of binary exts or utils), grouper-ws, and grouper-ui in future releases. With ldappc and subject API also available in binary, a deployer can turn immediately to configuration. Are each of these well-defined targets, amenable to a "just add config and serve" deployment recipe? What issues would we need to resolve to be in position to do so?

Tom
begin:vcard
fn:Tom Barton
n:Barton;Tom
org:University of Chicago;Networking Services & Information Technologies
email;internet:
title:Sr. Director for Integration
tel;work:+1 773 834 1700
version:2.1