grouper-dev - Ldappc has been mavenized, need advice

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Ldappc has been mavenized, need advice

  • From: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • To: " Dev" <>,
  • Subject: Ldappc has been mavenized, need advice
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 13:11:19 -0500

I have a 1.2.0 version almost ready to go. I'm working on some sample configuration files and then I'm done.

The new version supports Signet 1.3.0, but more importantly from a developer's position, it has switched from using ant to maven as the build tool.

This involved moving the source from src/java to src/main/java and src/ test/java.

Because I didn't want to lose version data for the files, which I moved with no changes, I started with a clean copy of the project in a separate CVS project called ldappc-mvn and then hand-moved the files around on the CVS server.

The big question is, what to do now.

1) I can attempt to merge these files back into the ldappc project and delete the existing files so that they're in the Attic, but I'll still have the tags for the files in their new locations, so I don't think this is a good idea.

2) I can leave everything the way it is.

3) My preference is to rename the ldappc project to ldappc-old or ldappc-legacy or something like that and rename the ldappc-mvn project to ldappc. We would update references in the wiki so that people wanting to check out the old code could do so.

Of course if we had been using subversion you can rename directories and move files without losing version information...

Do people have suggestions as to what I should do?

As I said, my preference is (3) and use "maven-old" for the name for the old project.

-K