Skip to Content.
Sympa Menu

grouper-dev - Draft Minutes: Grouper-Dev call 23-July-2008

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

List archive

Draft Minutes: Grouper-Dev call 23-July-2008

Chronological Thread 
  • From: Emily Eisbruch <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Draft Minutes: Grouper-Dev call 23-July-2008
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:42:08 -0400

**Grouper Call 23-Jul-08**


Tom Barton, U. Chicago (chair)
Gary Brown, Bristol U.
Shilen Patel, Duke
Chris Hyzer, U. Penn
Bill Kasenchar, U. Penn
Tom Zeller, U. Memphis
Steve Olshansky, Internet2

**New Action Items**

[AI] {Shilen and TomZ} will work together on identifying problems captured in GRP114

**Carryover Action Items**

[AI] {TomB} will send Chris an example of a functional case for hooks.

[AI] {Kathryn} will do background research on a messaging system to be used as a test/example case for hooks.

[AI] {TomB} will contact TomZ to discuss the audit sketch.

[AI] {TomZ} will investigate using a relational method of representing changes for the audit/change log.


JIRA items slated to go into Grouper Releases 1.3.1 and 1.4.0, and also those targeted for later releases were discussed. Dates set for releases:

Friday, August 29: release of Grouper 1.3.1

Friday, October 10: release of Grouper 1.4.0. (This is just before the Internet2 Fall Member Meeting.)

Conversation and decisions included:

- Group 15: (After query filter workflow to restrict by scope before searching) was moved from Grouper 1.3.1 to 1.4.0

- GRP-114: After considering moving this issue to 1.4.0, the group decided to keep it in Grouper 1.3.1. Shilen said that the original issue of populating the parent_membership column was not a big deal. But since the issue has been expanded to include changing the depth for immediate and composite groups, the scope of the task is larger.
Chris stated that handling depth would be easier once we have the new DDL. Gary and TomB both questioned if depth is used anywhere or if it is just nice to have. Shilen agreed to analyze if and how depth is used. Shilen will change the JIRA issue so the bugs and the depth issue are expressed separately.

TomZ asked, will there be a way to fix the groups that are broken because of the GRP-114 bugs? Possibly once the code is fixed, an export/import can be used to fix the affected groups.

[AI] {Shilen and TomZ} will work together on identifying problems captured in GRP-114

GRP-112: (UI bugs when using browser back button.) Gary stated there is no easy fix except preventing use of the back button. This won’t be fixed for 1.3.1.

GRP-120: (exception removing GrouperALL.) For Grouper 1.4.0, Gary will try to tidy it up so a better message is presented.

** Grouper 1.4.0 **

TomB commented that good progress is being made in addressing JIRA issues for the Grouper 1.4.0 release.

GRP-147: (future and function of grouper_sessions table.) Sessions table is not needed and will be eliminated in Grouper 1.4

GRP-101 (Add views and comments on db columns.) TomB suggested that this would be a good community contribution rather than part of the package. The decision was to leave it as a low-priority, non-critical JIRA issue for Grouper 1.4.0.

**Additional Issues to Add to JIRA**

These issues were discussed and the decision was to make them new JIRA issues:

- Make Grouper work with Subject API 1.0

- Add ability to merge members

Next call: Wed 6-Aug-08 Noon EDT.

Emily Eisbruch, Technology Transfer Analyst

office: +1-734-352-4996 | mobile: +1-734-604-5562

Internet2 Workshops
Hands-on. Brains-on.

  • Draft Minutes: Grouper-Dev call 23-July-2008, Emily Eisbruch, 07/30/2008

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.

Top of Page