grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] FW: [grouper-users] problem deploying Grouper 1.3.0, Exception starting filter Login check

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] FW: [grouper-users] problem deploying Grouper 1.3.0, Exception starting filter Login check

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] FW: [grouper-users] problem deploying Grouper 1.3.0, Exception starting filter Login check
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 11:35:45 -0500

The "dist.lib" ant target was only meant as a convenience. It seems like it has become anti-convenient. I'm happy for it to go away.

I don't see a big problem with removing that ant target and updating the wiki doc for the 1.3.1 release. But maybe I'm not seeing some side-effect?

Tom

Chris Hyzer wrote:
Did we have consensus that we can get rid of the grouper-lib.jar now
that we are using invoker and that we don't like jars that contain
classfiles from other jars? Should we make a jira and do this for
1.4 (seems like too much of a shift for 1.3.1)?

Thanks, Chris

Ps. Thanks for the suggestion, Tom

-----Original Message----- From:

[mailto:]
On Behalf Of Tom Zeller Sent: Tuesday,
July 01, 2008 5:53 PM To: Scott Koranda Cc:

Subject: Re: [grouper-users] problem
deploying Grouper 1.3.0, Exception starting filter Login check

In my experience, when 'ant dist.lib' creates grouper-lib.jar, the included mailapi.jar will have its manifest stripped out; the workaround I've used is to copy all of grouper's jars individually.

TomZ