grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] changelog implementation sketch

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] changelog implementation sketch

  • From: "Tom Zeller" <>
  • To: "Grouper Dev" <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] changelog implementation sketch
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 09:17:08 -0500

This is already a rather long thread, and I'm loathe to add more to it, but...

Representing changes from a group-centric point of view via LDIF seems straightforward, but what about member-centrically ? e.g. how someone's group memberships have changed.

Group-centrically :

dn: name=stem:group,uuid=...
add: members
members: subject...

Member-centrically ?

dn: name=subject
add: groups
groups: stem:group

Doesn't seem right to me. I imagine we would want to be able to easily query for changes affecting a member, and consequently it seems we would probably want to add the member (or it's subject id) as a column, and hence we would want one row per membership change...which makes me think LDIF isn't the right way.

TomZ