grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] notifications vs hooks

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] notifications vs hooks

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "Michael R. Gettes" <>, Grouper Dev <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] notifications vs hooks
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 10:32:33 -0400

Thanks for the reality check :). I hope we are almost there. Ideally by
Friday or Wednesday we can nail down the design and then we can get it done
quickly (it might seem like the contrary, but its not that complicated)...
also, this discussion has definitely changed the design for the better (so
far), so I think it has been productive...

Btw, even if everyone were oracle, Im afraid DB triggers are not the way to
go, since the java API of grouper or signet would not be there (there are
Java stored procs in oracle, but if you have used them, you know that they
are painful). Also we need to be consistent with how other customizations
are coded, in java and configured in config files (e.g. authentication in the
UI or WS)...

Regards,
Chris