grouper-dev - progress on grouperLoader

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

progress on grouperLoader

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: progress on grouperLoader
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 01:52:08 -0400

Hey,

Here is my progress on the grouperLoader extension:

1.       Added logging in a db table to keep track of whats happening and tune performance

2.       Fixed the attribute edit screens so they don’t chop off text

3.       Added ability to have a query give a list of groups by specifying the group name in a column, and the subject information in other columns

4.       Made the default “system” permissions so only a wheel group member can edit the attributes

5.       Added “andGroups” which allows a dynamic group to be and’ed with other group(s) so that membership can be limited (e.g. make sure all members are active employees) (this was Bert’s suggestion).  List the group names comma-separated

6.       Handle unresolvable subjects by logging them and keeping track in the db log

7.       Added build script similar to other extensions

https://wiki.internet2.edu/confluence/display/GrouperWG/Grouper+-+Loader

Fyi Penn will have a dynamic faculty group when we go live, and this is  a 9k member group which takes 2 minutes to sync with grouperLoader (1 minute to get data from source, 1 minute to sync memberships)… we will probably run this daily.  We can probably tune this to make it faster, I havent tuned yet…

Regards,

Chris

  • progress on grouperLoader, Chris Hyzer, 05/14/2008