grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc.synchronize.GroupEntrySynchronizer.clearRoot()

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc.synchronize.GroupEntrySynchronizer.clearRoot()

  • From: Kathryn Huxtable <>
  • To: Owen Cliffe <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc edu.internet2.middleware.ldappc.synchronize.GroupEntrySynchronizer.clearRoot()
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 14:40:03 -0500

On Apr 24, 2008, at 7:06 AM, Owen Cliffe wrote:
As an aside, I was wondering why ldappc doesn't use a properties file
like grouper to configure application-level options on top of the
ldappc.xml file, it might make adding minor options like this a bit
easier...

It should.

At least for the LDAP parameters, if the value is "GetFromPropertiesFile", the value will be retrieved from a properties file. I see no reason why this can't be extended to some extent.

About a year ago, I proposed a very different syntax for the XML configuration file. It received some positive response. We can discuss that again when we get closer to a 2.0 rewrite.

-K