grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] group membership singleton pairs suggestion

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] group membership singleton pairs suggestion

  • From: Peter Schober <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] group membership singleton pairs suggestion
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 20:27:09 +0200

* Kathryn Huxtable
<>
[2008-04-03 19:09]:
> Well, I don't know about directories other than Sun's and OpenLDAP,
> but they both store an object as a text string in an Oracle
> Sleepycat DB file. The indices are stored in separate DB files.
>
> If you have hundreds of thousands of values for an attribute,
> e.g. hasMember, it can apparently be a bit slow to update it.
>
> Keeping the objects small has some performance advantages, I guess.

recent OpenLDAP releases (2.4.x) should be fine with just about any
size of DIB (if properly tuned):
e.g. http://www.connexitor.com/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=203
or http://www.connexitor.com/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=191

not that desinging/optimizing the DIT structure is bad in any way and
some are possbily stuck with products less well equipped ;)
http://www.mail-archive.com//msg01464.html

best regards,
-peter

--

- vienna university computer center
Universitaetsstrasse 7, A-1010 Wien, Austria/Europe