grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] changing lenght of attribute value column

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] changing lenght of attribute value column

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: David Langenberg <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] changing lenght of attribute value column
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 14:09:50 -0500

1 in 9 quintillion? So there *is* a chance? I knew it. :)

Also, it is sometimes useful to be able to run an update/insert query against
the DB directly without having to worry about updating the hash col (or maybe
people might not know about the hash col and they could make things
inconsistent...)

Anyways, the other solutions are surely simpler, so does anyone need the
constraint on all 3 cols instead of 2?
And (if there is a reason to have the constraint), does anyone need the
default length of the col or be longer than 766?

Thanks
Chris