grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc help

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc help

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] ldappc help
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:35:52 -0700

Chris Hyzer wrote:
Didn’t someone post step by step instructions on how to use ldappc with openldap at some point? Cant seem to locate.
Anyways, Im going by the javadoc documentation, and I freshly installed openldap 2.3.39 on linux RHEL AS4. This is the HEAD ldappd checkout. Im starting by loading test data and running the test cases.

adding new entry "kitnedupersonregid=SD00080,ou=kitn,dc=example,dc=edu"

ldapadd: Invalid syntax (21)

additional info: objectclass: value #2 invalid per syntax

objectclass ( 1.3.6.4.1.9902.99999.1.1

NAME 'kitnEduPerson'

DESC 'KITN Edu Person objectclass'

SUP top AUXILIARY

MAY kitnEduPersonRegId )

I wonder if your version of openLDAP has mandatory schema checking. If so, it probably wants kitnEduPersonRegId to be a required attribute in order to serve as an RDN.

Work around is to alter the schema file so that kitnEduPerson is structural and subclasses inetOrgPerson (I suppose).

For Ldappc next rev, perhaps we should redo the delivered ldappcSubject.ldif so that it works with strict schema checking, e.g., by using uid for the RDN in kitn.

Tom
begin:vcard
fn:Tom Barton
n:Barton;Tom
org:University of Chicago;Networking Services & Information Technology
adr;dom:1155 E. 60th St.;;Rm 309, 1155 Bldg;Chicago;IL;60637
email;internet:
title:Sr. Director - Integration
tel;work:+1 773 834 1700
version:2.1