grouper-dev - Possible LDAPpc Bug

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Possible LDAPpc Bug

  • From: Steve Edgar <>
  • To: Grouper Dev <>, Grouper Users <>
  • Subject: Possible LDAPpc Bug
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:14:28 -0500

I think I have found a bug in LDAPpc, but wanted to post to the lists before entering it in JIRA.

If a group name contains the forward slash character '/', that group will synchronize to the directory server the first time, but fail on successive synchronizations.

In GroupEntrySynchronizer.java, in populateDns(), the line ...

Name entryDn = parser.parse(entryName) ;

... will barf if entryName contains a forward slash. The above line is not executed the first time the group is synchronized to the directory server, but is executed on subsequent synchronizations.

Anyone else run into this?

-- Steve.