Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: "Jessica Bibbee" <>
- To: "Stephen M. Barrett" <>
- Cc: "" <>
- Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] web services
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:57:20 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references:x-google-sender-auth; b=jPAtxbFRmPlS/FR4thLnedPAncKtOywvzTaDK/IP4F8yv5fLZk79oCmN8zzvIHOHVB4Zr5oI7CaGVYNOJ1480jlQVC2QSjQviI6FkeFSuA9SaIKhB9F9JiF6GdIcB7KHprD06LdXErHyd0iJv+V+fOIB44dr+HdJYlgd9ayTFtQ=
I can not comment on the page...
Chris Hyzer wrote:I can not comment on the page Chris so I'll send them to you via this mechanism.
Per my action items in the last dev call:
1. I posted the GridGrouper web services API (at least I think this class is the API, if someone wants to correct me, let me know and I can make changes… also I assume I can post this since the source is on a public webpage)
2. I changed the first part of the web services wiki page to have a core operations that we will implements for the first release of web services (per the discussion at the dev call). Maybe I took this too far, but I listed 4 operations. Please give feedback (e.g. if you need more, and what the specifics are).
3. I joined the axis-users list, and I asked how Axis upgrades affect generated XML. Will let you know the results
Under "Proposed Operations":
Configurable Batch limits seems to be a good idea with -1 or 0 being unlimited. A configurable error message to be returned on batch size violations might also be appropriate.
Batching "isMemberOf" seems strange to me - I can not see many use cases where I want to batch check membership in a group unless I was attempting to build a batch for "unassignMembership".
For a "lite" version, would a member filter on "isMemberOf" even be useful (assuming that "all" would always be the member filter)?
I would like to see something to the effect of "listAllGroupsForSubject" - this would be most beneficial.
I have more thoughts on authorization too and will forward them to you when I have had a change to work through them get them down in writing.
Jessica Bibbee, Technical Analyst
The Internet2 Dynamic Circuit Network:
Unleash your Interdomain Imagination
- web services, Chris Hyzer, 12/16/2007
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.