grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Future Priorities: Item B2 and A2

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Future Priorities: Item B2 and A2

  • From: "Michael R. Gettes" <>
  • To: Tom Barton <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Future Priorities: Item B2 and A2
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:56:39 -0400

That would be terrific. I agree - we should not be picking which idiom - we should
be providing interfaces for all we can find the time to do.

/mrg

On Sep 5, 2007, at 13:51, Tom Barton wrote:

Hopefully, when blair returns from vacation he will tell us how to use ruby (or ruby on rails, or some other ruby-thing) to present a java API using three web services idioms simultaneously: REST, SOAP, and XML/RPC.

I'd sure like to sidestep debate on which idiom to use for group management, since I'm sure there are adherents of all three among potential adopters.

Tom

Michael R. Gettes wrote:
REST: +1
/mrg