grouper-dev - Grouper API 1.2.1 status

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Grouper API 1.2.1 status

  • From: "blair christensen." <>
  • To: grouper-dev <>
  • Subject: Grouper API 1.2.1 status
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:01:58 -0500

The GRP-17 [0] dependency list shows what API work has been done for
the upcoming 1.2.1 release and what remains. The biggest remaining
issues are:

* GRP-7: I am working on this and it is partially resolved. I need to
review Gary's feedback to see what needs to be done to resolve it
completely.
* GRP-21: Shilen volunteered to work on this.

While there are a number of other areas of work that could use
improvement, I'd like to stop right here for the 1.2.1 release. At
this point I think we will have done some good initial work on
resolving a couple of major problem areas. In addition, as I'm going
to be offline for most of September starting September 5th I'd like to
freeze API development as soon as possible. Hopefully Shilen will
have time to work on the API while I'm offline so that development and
bug fixing doesn't take the entire month off as well.

From my perspective, I'd like to either freeze the API once GRP-7 and
GRP-21 are resolved OR by the end of next Tuesday/Wednesday, whichever
comes first.

Gary: How does this sound to you? And how much time do you need for
the UI? Also, if GRP-7 is incomplete by the time we freeze is what I
currently have checked into HEAD acceptable (for now) or do you need
the entire issue resolved to gain any benefit?

Everyone else: What are your thoughts on what should still be done,
when we should freeze, etc.?

[0]: <https://bugs.internet2.edu/jira/browse/GRP-17>