grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Manage Groups

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Manage Groups

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Manage Groups
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 22:48:31 -0400

I havent been in the grouper source code much, but I have done a lot of hibernate tuning, and 2000 queries jumps out as a red flag. Our DB queries take ~15 ms from java, and 2000 might take too long. When we see this it is usually the N+1 query problem, and generally, fixing it this means having hibernate batch the queries, outerjoin, cache global data, or do not map relationships and do this manually with other HQL or criteria queries... but again, sorry for not knowing the specifics, maybe this is not possible / feasible...
Chris

Michael R. Gettes wrote:
what does "top three" mean? Getting a breakdown of how the 7.9 secs are spent
would be very interesting. By time, by SQL statement (if all the same) and by
data transmitted (bandwidth). This type of profiling is really useful!

/mrg