grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] Subject API Slowness

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] Subject API Slowness

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] Subject API Slowness
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 13:17:37 -0500

Tom Barton wrote:
This is far from the fraction of a second I'm accustomed to seeing it take the jndi source adapter to display 50 subjects. I suspect there's another factor at play in this example, or perhaps your ldap server configuration (ACLs, authentication mechanism, other unknown operational params) might produce substantially different connection setup and query response times compared to the rather vanilla config of the openldap server I use for prototyping.

In particular, is the attribute you've configured as the subjectId equality-indexed in your ldap directory? Any other "identifying" attributes should also be equality-indexed, ie, ones that are operative in the searchSubjectByIdentifier searchType filter.