Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
- From: Tom Barton <>
- To: Grouper Dev <>, Grouper Users <>
- Subject: Grouper v1.0 is available
- Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:11:10 -0500
Grouper v1.0 is now available. This release is considered to be ready for production deployment.
With v1.0, Grouper supports
* basic group management by distributed authorities
* composite groups (groups whose membership is determined by the union,
intersection, or relative complement of two other groups)
* custom group types and custom attributes
* traceback of indirect membership
and its major components include
* a java API (source)
* a java UI (source, extremely mutable)
* an XML import/export tool
* a command line shell that exposes the complete API
The Grouper Wiki is also now open. It is used to support Grouper-related working group and community activities, and will be the home of Grouper software and technical documentation.
The Grouper Wiki is located at
The Grouper v1.0 tarballs are on the download page at
- Grouper v1.0 is available, Tom Barton, 07/20/2006
- Minor issue with the Grouper wiki, Kathryn Huxtable, 07/24/2006
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.