grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] more trouble with quickstart

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] more trouble with quickstart

  • From: "Minh N. Nguyen" <>
  • To: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] more trouble with quickstart
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 13:40:34 -0700

Bob,

Does sources.xml in your war file have the parameters to connect to the grouper database.

--Minh

At 12:00 PM 10/7/2005, RL 'Bob' Morgan wrote:

OK, thanks for fixing the capitalization thing. (You know, not yet being a complete idiot, I had tried to fix the install after first finding this problem by changing the capitalization, but it didn't work, maybe because I was using a symlink ...).

Trying the new distro I still can't get it. Install works but login doesn't.

First, following the instructions implies that changing the deploy.home property in build.properties to my tomcat dir and choosing the "default" target in "ant ui" will work. I observe that this just deposits a grouper.xml file in tomcat/webapps:

<Context path="/grouper" docBase="/usr/local/pkg/grouper/grouper-qs/grouper-ui/../build/grouper"
debug="0" privileged="false" reloadable="false" swallowOutput="true"
/>

but makes no other changes, so when trying http://localhost:8080/grouper I get resource not available.

Choosing the "war" target creates dist/grouper.war, and copying that to tomcat/webapps succeeds in creating the grouper webapp. Then http://localhost:8080/grouper shows the Intro page. However, trying to log in as GrouperSystem with the password as in tomcat-users.xml gives a page with the error output below. So LoginCheckFilter is failing, any ideas as to why?

This is the same state I got to, btw, when building the grouper API on my own and connecting it to the qs.

- RL "Bob"

---

An error has occurred which prevented the page from displaying. If the problem persists please contact your system administrator with the details below:

java.io.IOException: GrouperSystem is not recognised at edu.internet2.middleware.grouper.ui.LoginCheckFilter.doFilter(LoginCheckFilter.java:220) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:204) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:482) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80) at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)