grouper-dev - UI features to discuss at tomorrow's conference call

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

UI features to discuss at tomorrow's conference call

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: UI features to discuss at tomorrow's conference call
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:10:40 +0100

As we move towards a 0.6 release I think we could usefully discuss UI features which are not currently present, or may change, in order to give ourselves a fixed target.

1) Simple search / advanced search - what should be searched in Simple search - in my workaround I simply search displayExtension with %query% - possibly scoped to results below a particular stem.

An advanced search link could reload the page with a new search form - or could load a dedicated search page.

A while ago I came up with a document on searching but I don't think it was ever really discussed - would the advanced search forms work as represented here <http://portal.bris.ac.uk/GroupsManager/doc/search.html>?

2) How much support will the UI have for custom group types and their attributes? Can you assign a group multiple types from the UI? can you change type / add a type to an existing group?

3) Given a subject (of any type) display groups it is a member of (for a group we can add this to the Group Summary page) - do we need a subject summary page similar to the Group summary page?

4) Currently if we list a group membership (or set of subjects with a privilege) the name of the subject is a link to a privilege assignment screen. Should we also have a link to show a 'subject/group' summary page.

5) Are we missing anything else that ought to be in the 0.6 release?

There are some areas of workflow I may try and tidy up - to reduce unnecessary clicks, but 0.6 will largely be what the current demo is + what we agree about the above - so speak up now ...

Gary

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing