Subject: Grouper Developers Forum
Improved Oracle support and easier testing with non-HSQLDB databases
- From: blair christensen <>
- Subject: Improved Oracle support and easier testing with non-HSQLDB databases
- Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 22:09:50 -0800
This is probably the wrong time to announce this given how much I've
mucked with the code since I last tested this *but*...
Before the great distraction of the past few weeks, I had gotten
Grouper marginally running against Oracle. I believe ~75% of the
test suite passed. Of course the the tests that did fail were horribly
confusing - which is *one* of the reasons why I am now gutting a
significant portion of the Hibernate code. I suspect the Oracle
code will either work a lot better or at least be significantly
easier to debug once I have finished with this step.
In addition, as part of my initial testing with Oracle, I've made it a
little easier to test against databases other than the default HSQDLB
For instance, to test with Oracle one would:
* Update conf/hibernate.properties to use the proper dialect and
* Change the "sql.type" property in "build.xml" to "oracle". This
will cause Ant to use the sql/(schema|test-data)-oracle.sql files.
To test with another database, one would just set "sql.type" as
appropriate, create appropriately named files in sql/ and then
(hopefully) either share those back to this mailing list or via
- Improved Oracle support and easier testing with non-HSQLDB databases, blair christensen, 03/09/2005
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.