grouper-dev - Revised 0.5.1, 0.6 and 0.6.x Roadmap

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Revised 0.5.1, 0.6 and 0.6.x Roadmap

  • From: blair christensen <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Revised 0.5.1, 0.6 and 0.6.x Roadmap
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:51:27 -0800

Belatedly, a tentative revised roadmap.

Unfortunately, $other_job went out of its way to occupy my time these
past few weeks, hence the delay in getting this out and my failure to
get 0.5.1 out at the end of February.

Based upon some preliminary conversations with Tom, we were thinking
that 0.5.1 would be released by the end of March (or sooner, as
far as I'm concerned, if I'm ready) and 0.6 at the end of April/early
May.

---

# Grouper 0.5.1

Maintenance Release

* Revised Hibernate session and transaction handling code
* Revised effective membership algorithm
* Addition of a GrouperStem class for managing and representing
namespaces
* Improved compatibility with Oracle
* Add public methods to list all groups and stems within a given stem

# Grouper 0.6

"initial UI release, supporting Phase 1 functionality"

* Improved Subject interface
* Full implementations of the privilege interfaces
* Proper schema validation (#267)
* GrouperAccess.has()
* Improved search and browse capabilities
* Search by the name, extension, or displayName attributes of
groups [S&B#1]
* Search by the name, extension, or displayName attributes of
namespaces [S&B#2]
* Search by the name, extension, or displayName attributes of groups
scoped to groups within a namespace subordinate to a given
stem [S&B#7]
* Search by the name, extension, or displayName attributes of
namespaces scoped to namespaces subordinate to a given stem [S&B#8]
* More verbose and precise error reporting via exceptions
* Ability to delete groups containing members

# Grouper 0.6.x

* Support for displayName and displayExtension (#270)
* Improved group type support (multiple types, type addition|removal,
custom types) (#269, #271, #272)
* Improved search and browse capabilities
* Search all groups with a given stem [S&B#3]
* Search all namespaces within a given stem [S&B#4]
* Search by the set of groups or namespaces created or modified
by a specified subject [S&B#12]
* Search by the extension or displayExtension attributes of groups
scoped to groups with a given stem [S&B#5]
* Search by the extension or displayExtension attributes of
namespaces scoped to namespaces with a given stem [S&B#6]
* Search by the set of groups to which a given subject is an immediate
member can be listed [S&B#9]
* Search by the set of groups to which a given subject is an effective
member can be listed [S&B#10]
* Search by arbitrary attribute
* Search scope (all namespaces, children of given stem, namespace
tree rooted at given stem)
* Search limits
* Improved, expanded and more consistent logging policy (#226)
* Ability to rename groups (#262) (???)
* Improved Java Beans compliance
* Ability to rename subjectIDs
* Ability to remove members from grouper_member table

  • Revised 0.5.1, 0.6 and 0.6.x Roadmap, blair christensen, 03/09/2005