comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] FileSource import failures

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] FileSource import failures

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: Randall Smith <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] FileSource import failures
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 19:27:11 -0500

Hi Randall,

Comments in line...

On 11/16/21 5:38 PM, Randall Smith wrote:
Greetings,

I have a couple of questions about the FileSource plugin.

1) I cannot get the plugin to read an identifier. Here's the heading line that I'm using.
  SORID,OrgIdentity.affiliation,Name.given.official,Name.family.official,EmailAddress.mail.official,EmailAddress.mail.recovery,Identifier.identifier.uid-employee

The last ID is custom but it fails when I replace uid-employee with uid or network. The error message with the stock ID types is "Invalid fields: Identifier:status".

When I use my custom identifier, I get a slightly different error. "Invalid fields: Identifier:type,Identifier:status". That leads to my second question.

There's a bug in FileSource in v4.0.0 (CO-2267) that should be fixed in the 4.0.1 release. If you want to try it sooner you can check out the hotfix-4.0.x branch (commit f2388bb or later).

2) Can I use a custom identifier with FileSource? If not, is there a way through a pipeline or something that will allow a translation of the stock field into my custom field?

Right now this requires a manual patch or a plugin. We do intend to properly support this, but there are a few dependencies that need to be cleared to do so.

3) Tangentially: The wiki mentions sourcing Org IDs from a SQL database but I can't find any existing plugin to do it. Does one exist?

I think the wiki used it as an example but we've never actually had a funded request to implement SqlSource. It'd be a relatively straightforward implementation.

Thanks,

-Benn-

Thanks

--