Subject: COmanage Users List
- From: Benn Oshrin <>
- To: Randall Smith <>
- Cc: "" <>
- Subject: Re: [comanage-users] FileSource import failures
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2021 19:27:11 -0500
Comments in line...
On 11/16/21 5:38 PM, Randall Smith wrote:
I have a couple of questions about the FileSource plugin.
1) I cannot get the plugin to read an identifier. Here's the heading line that I'm using.
The last ID is custom but it fails when I replace uid-employee with uid or network. The error message with the stock ID types is "Invalid fields: Identifier:status".
When I use my custom identifier, I get a slightly different error. "Invalid fields: Identifier:type,Identifier:status". That leads to my second question.
There's a bug in FileSource in v4.0.0 (CO-2267) that should be fixed in the 4.0.1 release. If you want to try it sooner you can check out the hotfix-4.0.x branch (commit f2388bb or later).
2) Can I use a custom identifier with FileSource? If not, is there a way through a pipeline or something that will allow a translation of the stock field into my custom field?
Right now this requires a manual patch or a plugin. We do intend to properly support this, but there are a few dependencies that need to be cleared to do so.
3) Tangentially: The wiki mentions sourcing Org IDs from a SQL database but I can't find any existing plugin to do it. Does one exist?
I think the wiki used it as an example but we've never actually had a funded request to implement SqlSource. It'd be a relatively straightforward implementation.
Sr. Systems Administrator / Architect
Adams State University
- [comanage-users] FileSource import failures, Randall Smith, 11/16/2021
- Re: [comanage-users] FileSource import failures, Benn Oshrin, 11/20/2021
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.24.