comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Obtaining user attribute values for Comanage Extended Types

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Obtaining user attribute values for Comanage Extended Types

  • From: Benn Oshrin <>
  • To: Ivan Frank Nsimbi <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Obtaining user attribute values for Comanage Extended Types
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 11:34:21 -0500

Hi Ivan,

Extended Types are registered in cm_co_extended_types, and add additional types to supported existing complex attributes (Identifiers, Addresses, Email Addresses, etc). Defining new Extended Types does not change the data model, however if you add a new attribute of the appropriate type, it will become an option when adding or editing that type of attribute.

So, for example if you add a new Extended Type "VO Member ID" on Identifiers, then if you add a new Identifier to an existing CO Person, you will have the option of setting that Identifier type to "VO Member ID".

Extended Attributes are completely unrelated, and add additional attributes to CoPersonRoles. These do modify the data model, but are probably not what you are looking for.

Thanks,

-Benn-