comanage-users - Re: [comanage-users] Ldap provis with ldapPublicKey object class enabled, and additional object class

Subject: COmanage Users List

Re: [comanage-users] Ldap provis with ldapPublicKey object class enabled, and additional object class

  • From: Benjeman Meekhof <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [comanage-users] Ldap provis with ldapPublicKey object class enabled, and additional object class
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 08:31:18 -0400

For posixGroup we did exactly as you mentioned: Wrote a small
provisioning plugin that provisions a posixGroup into the group based
DN as defined in the ldap provisioner config. For the CN we use the
coperson UID identifier and gidNumber is populated by identifier
assignment.

Being one of the first comanage plugins I ever wrote it may be a
little rough and doesn't have much in the way of config options. It
seems to work so far for us and I haven't had to make any alterations
to the plugin since we started using it a couple years ago. Here's the
source:
https://github.com/MI-OSiRIS/comanage-registry/tree/ldap_user_group/app/AvailablePlugin/LdapUserPosixGroupProvisioner

I can't offer any advice about the ldapPublicKey question but I will
note that we use the same object class and haven't seen any issue with
provisioning users that do not have a public key.

thanks,
Ben